You can still use Google products, but just don't let them use you to make money for their ads. The instructions on how to do this can be found on the below page, below the video.
Here are the steps to take:
How to Delete everything you’ve ever searched on Google
1. Login to your Google account.
2. Locate your initials (or image if you uploaded one) inside the circle in upper corner. To the left of this, click on the small grid of 9 squares:
- This will open up a menu.
- Click “Account”
4. Review everything you’ve searched for and visited.
Now that you’re on the My Activity page, Select the three line menu at top left of screen (this menu may already be open depending on what device you’re on)
5. Tap “Delete activity by”
6. Under ‘Delete by date‘ select All Time
7. Just below in the “All products” dropdown menu, tap Search
8. Select Delete, OK, then Delete again.
Be very careful to examine everything you will be deleting. Once it’s done. It is done.
Now you are in control of your Google experiences.
More info on these links: